Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Two Days and Counting


There are piles on the floor. First, my suitcase is packed with little clothes for Song Song and some little shoes, since she'll be leaving the orphanage with nothing. Georgia picked out the little shoes at Gymboree. My Mom has purchased a toddler book with A,B,C words. A good way for her to learn a little English. Most of my clothes and Georgia's are packed, although I have a medicine cabinet full of Cypro and other antibiotics for Song Song and Georgia in case they're sick that I have to find a place for. I'll go to Target after I'm done writing this and pick up Pepto Bismol and Imodium. Apparently, the easiest way to get sick is to forget to brush one's teeth with bottled water or by eating ice (which is just as bad as drinking the water).

In another pile are Ernie's (the dog's) food, blankets, and clothes (yes, I buy little outfits for my dog, it's a crime of which I am well aware) and a pile of food and litter for Holly the cat. Dad will drop us off at the airport Friday afternoon, then he'll drive both the dog and the cat to Vancouver where they will stay with Marion, a friend, and Dad, respectively.

I am dead tired from running around and filling prescriptions, packing, worrying about funding this venture, and from tying up loose ends. Fortunately, Leezerslawpartner will stand-in for me at work, and because he's smarter and prettier than I, may be asked to remain after I return (hee hee.)

Has anyone seen the first season of "Arrested Development?" I plan on watching all 22 episodes on the flight over. Good times.

13 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

WOW. I am really excited for you, and even the energy of this blog post (frenzied stress) makes me even more excited. Yay, Song's coming home!!

Anyway, Season 1 of AD: I find it incredibly hilarious, and it's written so well with great actors and perfectly-paced comedic action... it's probably one of the best TV shows EVER, in my book. So of course I am going to tell you you're going to love it! I'm looking forward to hearing about what you thought of it. :)

Anonymous said...

So close...that trip to Asia though, it's a long one. I felt warm fuzzies reading that you had clothes for Song Song ready. I'll have to order Season 1 of AD, I've caught episodes here and there and loved them, but was a little out of the loop from not starting from the beginning.

Christina said...

I have all three seasons of AD and let me tell you, it is quite possibly the funniest show of all time. And watching the DVDs is really the way to go -- no commercial interruptions is the best!

Wow, two days. I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

I thought brushing with bottled water was better than brushing with the tap water. That is, unless you get bottled botchulism water, which is bad...

Tim said...

Good luck, Can't wait to hear all about it.

And yes, in my opinion AD is in the top 2 or 3 funniest sitcoms of all time. Great choice.

Lisa said...

C.S.

Hopefully, I can wrench the DVD player away from my daughter for a bit on the plane trip over to watch it. I'll let you know how hard I laugh!!

Lisa said...

Mae:
Have you been to China? Anywhere else? How often do/did you go?

I can't wait for you to meet Song Song.

Lisa said...

Hi Christina:

Well you have a good sense of humor and good taste, so I know I'll love it!

Lisa said...

Jacob:
Did I say we're supposed to brush with tap? I meant brush with bottled. So we don't get sick. Or maybe I'll brush my teeth with Evian and champagne :)

Lisa said...

Timathon:

What are the other two?

Anonymous said...

Never been to China! Been to Japan and Taiwan as far as Asia travel is concerned. My last trip to Taiwan was about 9 years ago, so I don't go often, but would like to. But I've got two little ones...one day soon though. My brother has a place in Taiwan, so I gotta go visit.

My mom however has taken several trips back to China in recent years and has lots to say about it. Last year, she was nearly in Tibet. She saw parts of China, most Chinese people don't see! You'll have to get hooked up with her. She has a way with the kids too, they all think of her as a Grandma.

Anonymous said...

All the good shows get cancelled.

I am not sure if you left yet, but I just wanted to know I will be thinking of you. Have a fabulous time and I can't wait to "meet" Song Song.

Tim said...

I guess Seinfeld, and um, I don't know what else.