Saturday, June 2, 2007

Six Days and Counting

We're hoping to take it easy today. Elliott has baseball practice in the morning, and we're having dinner with friends tonight. Four loverly families, two of which include the Calligan Sisters.

I'm still struggling with names. Elliott has nixed my favorites except Anna, Caroline, and Meredith, but he's offering no others to add to the list.

So I asked my six year old and her friend Monique, who stayed overnight at our house last night: "Monique," I said, "we need help with names." "Give me some ideas." Here's what I was peppered with, from my own daughter as well as Monique:

  • Flag Hair
  • Nostril
  • Barbara
  • Baby Buttocks
  • Mary
  • Boolamalooola
  • Possum
  • Doug

Meanwhile, our house languishes on the market with no real buyers. We're losing heart, and think we'll just let it sit, rather than yank it on and off. But that's why we have a realtor.

I hope the passports and visas arrive today. I am tempted to drink more than my allotted two glasses of wine per evening, but I resist. Wine's good for the soul but not the waistline.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about not deciding until you get there and see Song Song? I never picked my kids' names 'til I saw them. Meredith, a Welsh name, goes well with Marshall and you know we all approve.

The boulevards really look that nice, apparently all the time. The sky is that gray too but then you are used to that. Don't worry about the house.

Anonymous said...

Boolamalooola Song Song has a nice ring to it, don'cha think?

How long will u be gone? You sure are going to have a lot of blog reading/catching up to do when you get back, if you even have the time.

Christina said...

Wow, I am getting more and more excited with each passing day (as I imagine all of you are).

I'm officially casting my vote with Caroline. She'll always have a theme song this way.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Flag Hair or Doug.

Lisa said...

Anonymous:

Is that you, Expat? Is it you, MRV? MCS???

As of today, leading contenders for names are Anna, Meredith, and Caroline. We'll perhaps wait until we meet Song Song to decide for sure.

Lisa said...

Naynay:

Maybe Boolamaloola can be her second middle name!

Lisa said...

Christina:

Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond? I always loved that song!

Lisa said...

Think Jacob:

Yes, Flag Hair has a very nice ring to it. Do flags HAVE hair? Query whether a country could make its national flag out of horse hair or maybe old hairballs.

Lisa said...

Think Jacob:

Yes, Flag Hair has a very nice ring to it. Do flags HAVE hair? Query whether a country could make its national flag out of horse hair or maybe old hairballs.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was me. I~ve been outed. Don~t know why it did not pop up.